We are committed...
- To providing a framework for a variety of professional activities among the teachers of English in two-year colleges within the southeast.
- To defining and exploring issues relevant to the improvement of the teaching of English in the region.
- To conducting an annual regional conference for teachers of English in two-year colleges.
- To disseminating materials containing reports, news items, etc., that are of special interest to teachers in the region.
- To encouraging studies and research in the teaching of English in the two-year college.
- To serving as a regional voice for national issues addressed by National TYCA and, by extension, the Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC) and the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE).